Originally built in 1865, this historic downtown Minneapolis structure was due for an update. Morcon installed a new elevator and steel stairways to accommodate a planned second floor beauty school. Retail, office, and classroom spaces encompassed the rest of the build out.
This renovation and remodeling project included structural stabilization, masonry restoration, rebuilding of existing walls including load-bearing walls, replacement of floor joists, new windows, doors, and roof. All teams worked with the Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Department to assure that the construction was completed in an appropriate historical restoration manner.